2017, Day 4: What I’m Working On Now, Winter 2017
New year… new plans…
So what’s coming from me, book wise, this year? I have some seriously ambitious plans, but we’ll see if they come to pass. Here’s what the plan is though. It is kind of novella heavy, but those are quicker and easier to write (usually!), and I have some I’ve been itching to get to.
A big chunk of this depends on how quickly I can get this current WIP done and into a writing-full-time-from-home groove. I’m also in the process of learning how to use dictation and transcription (both via DragonDictation) to improve my speed and am also looking at one of those pens you write on paper with and then it flips it to your computer in digital format. Somehow. I don’t understand how it works, just that it does. 😉 I’m hoping with all of those, I can speed up production. If so… who knows?! It could all come faster :D.
I do have a friend who dictated (via Dragon) FOUR. FULL. FIRST. DRAFTS in November. FOUR! Like three more than one. Full 70-75K drafts (which is about what my first drafts are though I shoot for 85Kish for my final drafts – the rest comes in edits). So yeah. Dictation. Working on it. 😉
Anyway… the tentative plan…
- January or February: Glimpsing Hope (Christopher Bayfield) – look for a newsletter with release information later this month!
- February or (early) March: Beauty and the Beast with a twist! (novella set in a BRAND NEW fictional country)
- March or April (or even May, sigh): Reclaiming Hearts (Prince William of Mevendia)
- April: Dare You (novella set in Serenity Landing with connections to Montevaro and the new royalty series coming later; this one is done and should release regardless of Reclaiming Hearts )
- May: Lifeguard novella
- June: Historical novella set in Mevendia and Ravenzario
- July: Historical novella set partially in Mevendia
- August: Grace to… (untitled full length sequel to Grace to Save; also opens on 9/11)
- September: Novella to complete Mevendia novella collection
- October: Christmas novella (I already have the cover! Oh. My. Lands. I love it!)
- November/December: Heart of a Prince (full length first in the new royalty series! Picks up with Jordan from Dare You as soon as it ends – I already have this cover, too, and LOVE IT! And the prologue makes me cry – Every. Time. I read it.)
So there we go. Ambitious, but hey – if you shoot for the stars and miss, you could still hit the moon ;). Yeah. That’s it :D.