Current Facebook Status: rang in the New Year by playing Quiddler – after a rousing game of Mexican Train ;). The company made it worthwhile though =D. Now to figure out what goals she wants to reach this month…
Currently Playing in the Background: Polar Express on the TV and some sort of Buster Bunny [from Arthur] game on the computer…
So part of this whole goal thing is to break them down into manageable chunks. The plan is this: each month I will look at each of the goals I set for the year and set monthly goals. Not all of the annual goals will have a corresponding monthly goal to go with it and that’s okay.
For January, my goals are the following:
1. Do my Bible study every day by the end of the year.
– Twice a week this month. Hopefully better, but we’ll see…
2. Blog. Three times a week. Every week. Or at least a note why I won’t be blogging that day.
– Start by writing those Julie Lessman reviews :p. And Erynn Mangum…
3. Lose 125lbs by 3/2012 [yes, I know that’s more than a year . There’s a reason for that goal =D. No, I’m not saying specifically why.]
a. Lose 20lbs by 3/11
– Will start with 8lbs this month…
4. Exercise daily – that means at least 6 days a week – also, RUN a 5K
– Will start with 2xs a week this month…
5. Develop and make habitual house cleaning/other routines
– Write out routines and zone cleaning stuff, print, create notebook to keep it all in
6. More fun stuff as a family – game night at least twice a month; Wii Fit/Resort Fun Night the other two weeks
– Would like to do this completely this month – all 4 times
7. Finish first drafts of at least five manuscripts
a. Liz [already at 53K]
b. Nick/Debbie [already over 50K]
– This is Novel Track month over at ACFW. My goal is to finish both of those rough drafts this month as a part of that. I think it’ll be about 50K…
8. Contests – enter them
– Get Genesis entries ready this month [Unbreak Her Heart and Nick/Debbie – gotta come up with a title for it too…]
9. Complete/finished/”final” draft of 3 manuscripts
– Well, technically, I guess it’s going to be FOUR manuscripts since I didn’t quite get UHH done this week. Need to finish it ASAP.
10. Read 4 books a month. For research. Yep. That’s it. Plus one non-fiction or craft book.
– Oy. Only four?! I’d like to finish off Mary Connealy [I have 7 of hers to read] and I have 3 from another author checked out of the library. Maybe I can take them to work with me if I don’t have grading etc to do. I also need to finish Bliss…
– It’s not really a query, but I had a request for a full manuscript of UHH and I need to send it off as soon as it’s done. Like ASAP. Like this week.
So there we have it… Sunday or Monday, I’ll post this week’s goals as well as an update on Novel Track [with each post]. Off to edit…