Happy New Year!
Because that’s such an original title for a blog post today ;).
I do want to do a bit of a recap on last year’s goals, but to be honest, I don’t feel like looking for the blog post ;).
So off the top of my head – here’s my writing world in the last year:
1. Finished 4 manuscripts. 1 was nearly done already. 3 were start to finish [though I’m still working on the final drafts of all three].
2. Attended ACFW again. Loved it. Met people. Got requests. Got rejections [but good ones from those requests ;)].
3. Full manuscript requested from an agent and an editor. That’s all still in the works. We’ll see what comes of it.
4. Category coordinator for ACFW’s First Impressions.
5. “Went public” with my Facebook page. A lot of my non-writer friends knew I write, but they didn’t know about my “fan” page. With 30 needed to reach my goal of 300 by the end of the year, I posted about it last Thursday night. In about two hours, I’d surpassed the mark. I’m currently at 329.
Moral: My friends ROCK!
Other Moral: If you’ve not already “liked” it, there’s a link on the right of this page. Or here: Carol Moncado Books
6. Be a guest blogger on Seekerville. ‘Nough said.
7. Find critters. Not the creepy crawly or furry outside kind, but critique partners. I’m part of one crit group that includes three dear friends and am partnering with another dear friend. They’re all still in the beginning stages and it’s possible we may decide it’s just not going to work, but so far it’s going well :).
8. Read. A lot. I’ve done this. You can tell by all the reviews ;). There’s more coming the rest of this week and on New Year’s Day? It’s laundry and reading day :D.
9. Did well in contests. I finaled in three contests. Semi-finaled in Genesis [which is almost like finaling in most other contests – top 20 out of 86 or so – most contests don’t have nearly that many]. Won one of those contests. And finaled in Seekerville’s “Read Me”.
10. Made new writerly friends. God has brought some of the most amazing people into my life through the writing world. Seriously. Some of them I knew before last year started. Some I didn’t. But I know some really awesome people.
More later this week or early next about my plans/goals/etc for 2013…
But I did come up with my word for the year [okay – I stole it from Tricia Goyer]: