2017, Day 4: What I’m Working On Now, Winter 2017
New year… new plans…
So what’s coming from me, book wise, this year? I have some seriously ambitious plans, but we’ll see if they come to pass. Here’s what the plan is though. It is kind of novella heavy, but those are quicker and easier to write (usually!), and I have some I’ve been itching to get to.
A big chunk of this depends on how quickly I can get this current WIP done and into a writing-full-time-from-home groove. I’m also in the process of learning how to use dictation and transcription (both via DragonDictation) to improve my speed and am also looking at one of those pens you write on paper with and then it flips it to your computer in digital format. Somehow. I don’t understand how it works, just that it does. 😉 I’m hoping with all of those, I can speed up production. If so… who knows?! It could all come faster :D.
I do have a friend who dictated (via Dragon) FOUR. FULL. FIRST. DRAFTS in November. FOUR! Like three more than one. Full 70-75K drafts (which is about what my first drafts are though I shoot for 85Kish for my final drafts – the rest comes in edits). So yeah. Dictation. Working on it. 😉
Anyway… the tentative plan…
- January or February: Glimpsing Hope (Christopher Bayfield) – look for a newsletter with release information later this month!
- February or (early) March: Beauty and the Beast with a twist! (novella set in a BRAND NEW fictional country)
- March or April (or even May, sigh): Reclaiming Hearts (Prince William of Mevendia)
- April: Dare You (novella set in Serenity Landing with connections to Montevaro and the new royalty series coming later; this one is done and should release regardless of Reclaiming Hearts )
- May: Lifeguard novella
- June: Historical novella set in Mevendia and Ravenzario
- July: Historical novella set partially in Mevendia
- August: Grace to… (untitled full length sequel to Grace to Save; also opens on 9/11)
- September: Novella to complete Mevendia novella collection
- October: Christmas novella (I already have the cover! Oh. My. Lands. I love it!)
- November/December: Heart of a Prince (full length first in the new royalty series! Picks up with Jordan from Dare You as soon as it ends – I already have this cover, too, and LOVE IT! And the prologue makes me cry – Every. Time. I read it.)
So there we go. Ambitious, but hey – if you shoot for the stars and miss, you could still hit the moon ;). Yeah. That’s it :D.
You seriously make me happy in so many ways! I am addicted to your pen. Well, the letters you write and type… and now dictate. Can’t wait for sooooo many of these that you just named!
I really enjoy reading your books and am looking forward to what you’ll accomplish this year!
I remember Dragon. It was rough. The school district (I was on hospital/homebound program finishing HS at the time) didn’t realize that what I actually needed was the JAWS program. You can use it to type without needing to see the screen and depending on how you adjust the settings, it will tell you each key you hit and read back what you have written as well, by character, word, sentence, paragraph, page, document when you want it to. It is how I learned to use the computer and the only way I can use one due to visual impairment. If Dragon isn’t working for you, you can try JAWS for a month free, if I remember correctly, and see if that works any better for you. Just a suggestion from someone who has been there and knows the frustration of having to rely on others almost entirely as well as specialized technology.
As for your new books, I CAN’T WAIT!!! :):):) I am eagerly anticipating each book. I listen to the ones I have fairly often on Kindle using its text-to-speech feature. I especially like the Royal ones so far, though a couple of the others are high on my list as well. I eagerly look forward to the new ones that are related as well as the other new ones.
God’s blessings on you.
Anyone know if jonathons story ever came out? I’ve been waiting forever for that and can’t seem to find any info on it.
Yes! DISCOVERING HOME came out last fall! The entire SERENITY LANDING SECOND CHANCES series is on sale right now too :).
I so enjoyed reading your books. Thanks for sharing such heartwarming stories that are centered around God and family. In this day and time there are so many that are not. Thanks again
Thanks Carla! I’m glad you enjoyed them!
Love your book it is one I had a hard time putting down. I look forward to your next one.
Ok, when does A Royally Beautiful Mess appear in book form? I don’t like Kindles and have no intention of getting one.
Hi Gail! ARBM files have given me fits. They were submitted for approval earlier today so… fingers crossed! If they’re approved, I’ll order a proof copy ASAP and hopefully it’ll be available in the next week or so. (Indentured Queen files were also submitted, so /fingers crossed too/ it’ll be available about the same time as the ebook :).)
That sounds really good!