So it’s not overly creative and it’s based mainly on whether or not I would actually buy the particular book in question [gotta love libraries!] but since tomorrow is ‘What I Read Wednesday’, here’s how I’m using a 10 star rating :). I reserve the right to change this at any time – because, hey, it’s my blog and therefore my prerogative ;).
10. This one goes to the top of the Amazon wish list, to be purchased at my earliest convenience, will be reread regularly and gushingly recommended to friends.
9. This book will be put on the Amazon wish list to be purchased when finances allow, will be reread fairly often and highly recommended to friends.
8. This book goes on the Amazon list but with no special rush on it. It will be reread as the mood strikes and recommended to friends I know have an interest in the particular genre.
7. This goes on the Amazon list but only if it’s a good deal. It will be reread on occasion and mentioned to friends with an interest.
6. This one may or may not go on the Amazon list to be purchased if it’s a good deal, there’s nothing higher on the list to purchase or I need to reach $25 for free shipping without going over and it fits the bill. It will get reread if the mood strikes, which may not be often. It may or may not be recommended to others.
5. Unlikely to go on the Amazon list. Probably won’t be recommended unless a friend has a strong interest in the subject. I finished it and it may have had a redeeming quality or three but I won’t reread it unless I’m bored out of my mind.
4. If by some chance, the book is already in my possession, it will be a. donated; b. given as a white elephant gift; or c. used for an object lesson of some sort. Unlikely to be recommended. I probably finished it, but it took some effort.
3. If by some chance, the book is already in my possession, it will be a. donated; b. used to put under a wobbly leg; or c. used to kill the spiders that frequent the basement in the summer. Very unlikely to be recommended. I likely finished it but it was probably torturous to do so.
2. If, by some chance, the book is already in my possession, it will be a. donated; b. used to line the bird cage we don’t have; or c. given to someone who has a bird cage. I will strongly warn against it because it’s so bad. Recommend it? Really? I probably finished it only because I hate not to.
1. If, by some chance, the book is already in my possession, it will be a. donated; b. used to raise the height of the top of the cabinets in the kitchen so that the decorative items on top can be seen better; or c. used as kindling. I will recommend friends steer clear for the sake of their own mental health. If I finished it, it’s only so I could rant about how bad it is.
0. This book gives credence to the idea that printing books kills trees and should be avoided at all costs. It has no redeeming value. At. All. It’s doubtful I finished it. And donating it would just subject someone else to it. Kindling is a far more likely use.